In a pretty setting on a bend in the River Wye, looking across to the Herefordshire hills, this delightful church enjoys a rich collection of monuments, beautiful stained glass windows as well as an unusual 17th-century font and the carvings on the medieval stalls.
The Scudamore family were patrons of the church from Medieval times until the twentieth century, and their monuments are a spectacular treasure. John Scudamore, who died in 1571 lies beside his wife on a tomb chest, decked out in full armour. James Scudamore, who died in 1668, wears Roman costume in a great wedding cake of a wall monument – possibly by Grinling Gibbons. Beautiful stained glass also delights the eye. Most of it is nineteenth and twentieth century, though the chancel north window is made up of fragments of medieval glass.